Hello sports fans! We’ve got a super delicious recipe for you today just in time for the BIG GAME on Sunday! We’ve been huge fans of this cupcake recipe for quite a while now, they are super delicious, moist and best of all, for ADULTS. This is not a cupcake for children, let them have the chocolate frosted and sprinkled and all that jazz. We have BEER and BACON and CHEDDAR. That’s right, all in a cupcake. I know what you are thinking, that sounds weird, interesting perhaps, maybe even intriguing?
Trust us on this one, you want to make these, if for no other reason than to taste the High Gravity Beer Buttercream! There’s just something about beer and buttercream that form a harmoniously wonderful taste sensation.
This recipe is all about the ingredients. Use whatever kind of beer you like. Use a good quality smoked bacon that crisps up nice. Use a more expensive extra sharp cheddar, not the stuff that some pre-shredded. Remember this is for you and your discerning tastes, not the sugar crazed kids!
Sweet Cheddar Beer Cupcake Recipe
- Heat beer and butter in a large saucepan on medium-high heat until butter is melted.
- Add cheddar.
- Remove from heat, and whisk in the sugar.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the sour cream with the eggs and vanilla.
- Mix the sour cream mixture into the beer mixture.
- In a separate bowl, sift together the flour and baking soda.
- Fold flour mixture into the batter.
- Fill cupcake liners 3/4 fill.
- Bake at 350 F for 18-25 minutes, or until inserted cake tester comes out clean. Watch them closely you want them moist not dry.
- Let them cool completely before frosting.
High Gravity Beer Buttercream Recipe
- Beat butter until creamy.
- Slowly mix in 4 cups powdered sugar.
- Add beer to taste, more for a stronger flavor if you prefer.
- Add in remaining sugar, or just enough to get your buttercream to the right consistency. Not too stiff, not too runny, spread-able.
- Top with cheddar and bacon and serve immediately.